Saturday 30 March 2013

Anniversaries and Holidays

Mr Trifectagirl's birthday was on St Patrick's day, which also happens to coincide with the anniversary of him getting sick.  To observe this anniversary, a group of his friends and I went to the restaurant we were at last year.  I was apprehensive but enjoyed the day and the food is still fantastic.  This was the third year in a row we've been there for his birthday.

And I've spent most of the time since then sick, overloaded and just generally feeling like crap.  Not surprising since this is one of the big anniversaries, but I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.  Today's Widow's Voice blog post sums it up well (this blog, part of the US based Soaring Spirits Loss Foundation, has been a fantastic resource).  

J still has sleep issues.  He generally sleeps through, which I'm thankful for, but "sleeping through" is between him going down around 9pm and up anywhere from 5am.  Which sucks if you're not a morning person.

Due to having a toddler running around in the evenings who requires a railroad engineer, story book reader and human jumping castle, I've struggled to keep up with my uni work, so have dropped my statistics subject.  Thankfully the census date, which is the cut-off for paying for the subject, is tomorrow so I made that decision just in time.

I was planning to travel to the US over the mid-year break to meet a whole bunch of wonderful women who have supported me through infertility, pregnancy, parenthood, and Mr Trifectagirl's illness and passing.  But the thought of travelling all over the continent, alone, with an over-active 2 year old for 4 weeks just did not sound like fun, so have cancelled those plans.

Now that I'm down to a hopefully more sensible load, I'll be able to cope with the 3 month run to the end of my job and the start of my time as a full time student again.

No comments:

Post a Comment