Friday 1 July 2011

Hi Ho, Hi Ho

After my employment contract concluded conveniently at about the time I wanted to start maternity leave, I went back to work today.  Yes, a Friday. 

One of my (former) colleagues is going through a rough patch personally with an unwell teenaged daughter, and there is a rather large backlog of paperwork that needs to be completed for a project.  This is something that I have done a few times before, so I got a call a couple of weeks ago to see if I could do some temping.  Yep, I'm happy to head back to work now, and it is stuff I can do from home if I want to. 

This week Mr Trifectagirl and I were on our honeymoon, and we got home last night.  Mid-honeymoon I received a text asking how soon I could be in, which was today.

I have the ability to work part-time at my own flexibility, which is fantastic.  Monday is MIL's birthday, so I'll only go in for the afternoon.

I love my little boy, but it was fantastic going back to work.  I guess I need to contribute/earn through paid employment as part of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment