Thursday 19 May 2011

Kissing Babies

Mr Trifectagirl is actively involved at the local level with the Australian Labor Party.  The Federal Cabinet, including the Prime Minister, today held local community consultations, followed by a "meet and greet" for party faithful this evening.  Mr Trifectagirl wanted to go, wanted me to go, and for us to take J.  So I agreed to go.

Once the Prime Minister actually arrived and walked into the room, it didn't take long for her to see baby J, a bee-line was made for us.  The proverbial polititian kissing babies - even if it was an in-house event.

The funny thing was, J and I were watching the Prime Minister on the news just prior to leaving.  And when she came over to us at the event, it seemed J actually recognised her! 

Other than that, I personally found it a pretty dull afair.  My mother was active in the other side of politics, so I grew up being dragged to these sorts of events.  Different political persuasion, but same old type of event.

No comments:

Post a Comment